Busy, busy

Wow, I meant to post again sooner, but life has gotten in the way! First off, we spent the night at Petco Park for the Padres first ever Cub Scout overnight. Here is Luke with his friend:

It was an interesting experience, and one I plan to never, ever repeat again. Oh, Luke had a blast. Me? Well, not so much. The game started at 7:05pm and went for 3 hours.  The Padres won for a change, so that was nice. After the game there were fireworks, then we waited a half hour or so for the rest of the stadium to empty. At this point we went down to a bleacher area where there was pizza, cookies, and drinks (no food allowed on the field, so I assume the people in charge wanted to make sure there was no excuse for someone to be hungry overnight). Around 11:30 we got to head out onto the field, and at 12:15 they started the movie “Sandlot” on the big screen. The information we’d received in advance said that it would be “lights out” after the movie. Apparently it was my mistake for taking that literally. The movie ended at 1:45 or so, but the lights stayed on the entire night, until “wake up time” at 6am. Oh, then there was the NOISE. Blowers and power washers were on the entire night; it was insanely loud even with earplugs.

I managed to get about a half hour of sleep sometime after 4am, then got to sleep again for a few hours after we got home. To say I was pretty useless for the next week or so is an understatement. It was quite a sight, though:

Note that this picture was taken after the 6am wake up time, so the lights had just been turned out…

And the happy camper in the morning:

It was definitely a neat idea, but there were things they could have done to make it less unpleasant, like have the event on a night where there isn’t a game scheduled the following day, so the stadium can be cleaned in the morning and not throughout the entire night. I still don’t know how long it actually takes to clean the entire stadium; they started around 11pm and the washers were still going when we left aroung 6:40am. Crazy.

In other news, we closed escrow on the house and have been busy getting work done on it. The plan is to move in this weekend. I’ll post some “before and after” pictures in a subsequent entry, once I have “after” pictures…


2 Responses to “Busy, busy”

  1. Susan Says:

    I’m sorry that it was not a real fun experience for you; I’m happy that Luke enjoyed himself though!

    Congratulations on the house! I can’t wait to see your pictures!

  2. Cheryl (momstitches) Says:

    I’m not sure whether to offer congrats for making it through or sympathies for having to endure. Maybe a bit of both? The things we do for our kiddos. Hopefully, they’ll appreciate it – at least when they are grown. LOL. Congrats on the good ultrasound and the new little boy on the way!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: