What a Busy Weekend

Well, here it is, Monday morning, and I need a weekend to recover from my weekend! Wow, it was packed with non-stop activity. Here’s a run-down…

Friday night: First we went down to Macy’s to do our registry completion. We finished the place settings of china and the steak knives. Pretty cool since we had rewards and gift cards, and they were on sale, so it was very little out of pocket. To reward Luke for his excellent behavior Tom thought it would be fun to take him to Dave and Busters for dinner and some games. Luke had a *blast*. I got to try the arcade DDR, which is quite a bit different from the version I have for the Wii. It’s the dance pad that is so different and I’d love to try it again. It was really crowded though so I only got on it once.

We were heading back over to the kid-arcade section at one point, passing through a particularly crowded area, when some random guy started talking to me. I stopped for a moment to see if it was someone I knew; I did go to college here and have lived in San Diego for 12 years now, so I do occasionally run into people out of the blue. I determined it wasn’t someone I knew, and we kept walking. He said something else, and Tom and I both turned around. At this point it becomes obvious that the guy was *hitting* on me, which is not exactly something that happens often. He realized at this same point that I was with Tom (who is 6’3″) and he started apologizing profusely. Something along the lines of “I’m sorry, man, I totally didn’t notice, I just saw a beautiful woman and…” blah blah blah. I held up my left hand, Tom was trying not to laugh, and the guy made a hasty retreat with his buddies. At least it was a cute guy, not a gross guy, so it was flattering instead of creepy. He had the decency to be mortified and apologetic, which was nice. But seriously, I was wearing workout pants and a t-shirt, with my hair in a ponytail and no makeup or jewelry, except my engagement and wedding rings. I feel a little bad for the guy, because I expect his buddies won’t let him live that one down for awhile…but I bet he’ll be checking left hands a little more carefully in the future!

Saturday we got up early and headed down to Fiesta Island where the Cub Scouts were camping for the weekend. We didn’t spend the night (which was good since it ended up raining while we were there, shortly after dinner) but we did spend the day there and stayed until the campfire was over, leaving while everyone was brushing their teeth and turning in for the night (and the rain was really starting at that point!). Tom took Luke kayaking, which was definitely the highlight of the day for them both:

Sunday after church we decided at the last minute to go to the Miramar Airshow. We’d been driving past it all weekend, and Luke wanted to see the planes. I fortunately noticed the long lines of traffic and thought to throw my stitching in the car. Getting down there was about as expected, it took probably a half hour to get from the freeway to the parking spot. It was about a mile (maybe more) walk to the actual airshow, so we got a little exercise yesterday. Fortunately we got there in time for Luke to see the Blue Angels. It was great fun, although loud and really, really crowded. Getting out was a nightmare. We got in the car at 4:58. It took over an hour to even get out of the commissary parking lot (which is where we’d been directed to park). We literally drove to the end of the parking lot row and stopped the car for about 45 minutes. It took a total of an hour and a half to get out off the base; it was after 6:30 by the time we were on the freeway heading home. I stitched the entire time, of course, and have a finish to show (well I finished it up last night at home, but got quite a bit done in the car). I was worried it was going to get too dark to stitch, and it nearly was! I finished Brightneedle’s “Spooky Halloween” though:

So, that was my busy weekend. I need another one where I can just relax to recover from it! But at least it was full with good stuff, and Luke was an awfully happy kid when we tucked him in last night! We found out this morning that his soccer team still won their game on Saturday even though 3 kids were missing due to the Cub Scout trip, so now I don’t even feel bad about that. I’m exhausted, but life is good!


4 Responses to “What a Busy Weekend”

  1. Suzanne Says:

    Sounds like a fun, but busy, weekend. Ours was too, so I know what you mean about needing time to recoup. Suz

  2. Christine S Says:

    Cute finish, Jill!!

    I remember being out with 3 of my friends one time and I was the only who was not engaged. Was I the one that got hit on?? No!!! LOL!! I guess a lot of guys don’t pay much attention to detail…

  3. Melissa C. Says:

    Woo hoo, foxy momma. LOL

    Congratulations on your very cute finish!

  4. Laural Says:

    It sounds like a lot of fun! Congratulations on your finish too!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: